Community groups at Christ Community Church are hosted by individuals and families. These intimate settings are loosely structured Bible study groups that meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 – 8:00*. While childcare is usually coordinated within each group, children are encouraged to join in the study and participate as much as they are able.
The purpose of community groups is to
- Foster a love of learning the Scriptures
- Engage in meaningful discussion
- Develop relationships
If you are interested in joining a community group, contact Ben Williams.
* meeting times may vary per home/group
Spring 2016: Galatians & Ephesians
This spring semester, we will be resuming our home groups to study Paul’s epistles to the Galatians and Ephesians. These two epistles pack essential theological concepts into short, abbreviated segments. Join us as we delve into the depths of the gospel together.
- Wednesday, February 17: Paul | Galatians 1
- Wednesday, February 24: The Gospel | Galatians 2
- Wednesday, March 2: Justification | Galatians 3
- Wednesday, March 8: Adoption & Covenant | Galatians 4
- Wednesday, March 16:Liberty & Love | Galatians 5
- Wednesday, March 23: No Home Groups (Holy Week)
- Wednesday, March 30: Community | Galatians 6
- Wednesday, April 6: Predestination | Ephesians 1
- Wednesday, April 13: Grace | Ephesians 2
- Wednesday, April 20: Mystery | Ephesians 3
- Wednesday, April 27: One Body | Ephesians 4
- Wednesday, May 4: Walk | Ephesians 5
- Wednesday, May 11: Armor | Ephesians 6
Fall 2015: The Sermon on the Mount
What is the Kingdom of God? How are we to understand our citizenship in it while simultaneously living in a fallen and broken world? How do we consider ourselves blessed when it seems we’ve been forgotten? Throughout this fall semester, we will be studying Christ’s teaching in Matthew 5-7. Our study will begin with an introductory session at CCC on Wednesday, September 2nd.
- Wednesday, September 2: Introduction @CCC
- Wednesday, September 9 through September 30th: Meet in homes
- Wednesday, October 7: Off (Fall Break)
- Wednesday, October 14 through November 18: Meet in homes
Spring 2015: Biblical Hospitality
What does hospitality mean to you? If you ask 100 people this question, you are likely to get as many answers. In some form or fashion, we usually associate hospitality with entertaining guests and welcoming others into our homes. These are important elements of hospitality but no one has demonstrated the concept of hospitality more than Jesus Christ. This spring, we will be looking at what the Scriptures say about hospitality and how imperative it is to our gospel witness. It is more than cooking a meal and spending time with friends. Through hospitality, we extend the grace of Christ to those who are not like ourselves. This study begins with an introductory session at CCC on Wednesday, February 4th.
- Wednesday, February 4: Introduction @ CCC
- Wednesday, February 11: Week 1 in homes
- Wednesday, February 18: Ash Wednesday @ CCC
- Wednesday, February 25 – April 22: Weeks 2–10 in homes
Winter/Spring 2014 Study: The Acts of the Apostles
At the beginning of this year we began a journey of contemplating the greatness of God. As this will be a focus in our Sunday morning gatherings as well as Sunday school series, we will consider the great works of God the Spirit as he establishes his kingdom through the apostles. For more details, contact pastor Ross Guthrie.
- Jan. 15 – Feb. 26 @ Homes
- Mar. 5 – Ash Wednesday @ CCC
- Mar. 12 – Apr. 9 – Wed. Night Meetings @ CCC
- Apr. 16 – No meeting (Holy Week)
- Apr. 23 – May 14 – Wed. Night Meetings @ CCC
Fall 2013 Study: The Book of James and the Parables of Christ
Dates: Aug. 28 – Oct. 2; No meeting on Oct. 9;
Resume Oct. 16 – Nov. 20
Time: 6:30-8:00 p.m. at each home
Spring 2013 Study: The Life of Christ in the Gospel of John
During celebratory season, our corporate worship emphasizes key moments in the life of Christ. Advent and Christmastide focus on the birth and incarnation. Epiphany focuses on his appearance before all of the world. During the Lenten and Easter seasons, we will be looking at such moments in our home group Bible studies. Starting in the Gospel of John, chapter 12, we will be engaging the Scriptures on Wednesday nights as we move through this celebratory time. This study will follow Christ through his passion, resurrection, and ascension. The final weeks will continue this narrative into the book of Acts, chapters 1 and 2. Home groups will begin Wednesday, February 20th, 2013. Email Ben Williams to sign up at any time. Current home assignments are available here.
- February 20 – John 12 – 18
- February 27 – John 12 – 18
- March 6 – John 12 – 18
- March 13 – John 12 – 18
- March 20 – John 19
- March 27 – Holy Week (no home group)
- April 3 – John 20
- April 10 – John 21
- April 17 – John 21
- April 24 – Acts 1
- May 1 – Acts 2